(keitai-l) Re: Can J-Phone rock DoCoMo's boat?

From: Doug Griffiths <Doug.Griffiths_at_HelloNetwork.Com>
Date: 06/19/01

J-Phone has a very significant advantage in that they fully support Java as
written by Sun, whereas NTT does not. Fully MIDP compliant applications will
run on the J-Phone, but there is no guarantee that they will run on DoJa.
This was demonstrated with great success at JavaOne just last week, where
Motorola and Nokia were demonstrating their MIDP compliant phones. Midlets,
like video, were easily installed and run on either device makers phones,
and run over their commercial networks. This is the power if Java. This is
what will help J-Phone rock NTT's boat!

Doug Griffiths