(keitai-l) Re: SVG == Scaleable Vector Graphics

From: DC <dc_at_PacketVideo.COM>
Date: 06/19/01
>   Maybe an ultra-light Compact SVG would be possible.  I do
>   not believe
>   that we're about to see mobile browsers that do clipping and masking
>   to arbitrary shapes, partial transparency, casacading styles, nested
>   affine transformations, procedural animation, and scalable WebFonts;
>   but all of these are important parts of SVG.

Seems to be a lot of activity in canada on this tech w/ bitflash and
plazmic.

There's a w3c working group formulating "SDVG" - small device vector
graphics.

Imagine an intelligent gateway, with device caps query exchange.
Since SVG is XML based, its fairly easy to discard nodes at parse time,
server side.

/dc
david [dc] collier
	Creative Director