(keitai-l) AW: Re: GSMA's Mobile Service Initiative Guidelines for download

From: Jan Michael Hess <jansan_at_mobileeconomy.de>
Date: 06/19/01
hi chris et al.

> thanks JM, I can't get too much of the m-services aboutface.
> It's like a standard, but it's not a standard ... i.e.:
> like i-mode but better. </cheeky>

you are welcome. I spent some more time yesterday with M-Services
resulting in an article I published on mobiliser, read more on:
http://www.mobiliser.org/article?id=27

Summing it up: the Mobile Service Initiative (M-Services) is GSMA-driven,
i.e. operator-driven. In Europe there is not 1 dominating, but many
operators. M-Services is guidelines, not a standard, especially
focused on device companies. Reading the specs I understand some
recommendations on GUI (based mainly on Openwave's Mobile Browser),
including colour screens, messaging, basic media object delivery, etc.
Thus, it is quite short-term, really drawing attention to what is
out there, so you are right.

jansan.