(keitai-l) Re: docomo and spam

From: rolf van widenfelt <rolf_at_pizzicato.com>
Date: 06/20/01
discounting the service is nice, but is hardly a way to stop spam.

since all email is routed thru their servers,
docomo could potentially detect spammers by noticing IP addresses
that are sending an unusual amount of email.

but perhaps better, it could ask its users to help by "flagging" messages as spam.
if enough people flag a particular source (identified by IP address) then it
must be
a spammer.
those IPs could be blocked from sending email thru the docomo network.

-rolf