(keitai-l) Re: P2101V first impression

From: Nick May <nick_at_kyushu.com>
Date: 06/28/01
keitai-l@appelsiini.net writes:
>I showed many people the video phone and their first reaction
>was. "When can I get one?" which leads me to expect that this type of
>phone
>will be more popular than predicted.

This was particularly interesting. If you have time, could you comment
further on the reactions you get from people you show the phone to? I am
not so much interested in the responses of the sad technogeek brigade,
more on the core imode markets.  Basically, does it have sex-appeal to the
17 to 24 year old girl market? Do you find you have longer phone
conversations because of the superior voice quality?

(All those analysts who think G3 will have slow uptake miss one important
point: Docomo voice quality is AWFUL!. Who would have a docomo phone were
it not for imode? A cunning strategy by Docomo (unintentional of course) -
have one component of your product (voice) so DREADFUL that you build in
pent up demand for an improvement, even though the other component of your
product (imode)  is world leading.

GSM is blessed/cursed with ok voice - and THAT reduces the incentive for
users to go to G3.)

nick