(keitai-l) Re: Becomming an I-mode Content Provider ?

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 06/29/01
Andrea Hoffmann wrote:

> > You can also find a lot of info about applying for
> > a menu position on DoCoMo's website, but I am not sure
> > that will actually help you so much.
>
> I think it might help quite a lot actually as it is the official info from the
> operator and includes the application form etc., so here are the links:
>
> http://www.nttdocomo.com/i/tag/criteria.html
>
> http://www.nttdocomo.com/i/tag/newip.html

Thank you Andrea for these links.

Note, that the second link only refers to content providers in the
ENGLISH section of the imode-menu, which does not have so many users -
most
Japanese users will naturally use the Japanese imode menu. The ENGLISH
section also has a lot less content, and was set up at the time of the
G8 Summit in Okinawa.

I am sorry if I did not express well. We work with a number of foreign
(and Japanese) companies on building/expanding imode related business,
including thoughts of aiming to become an official imode provider:
What I wanted to express is that the links above are really the tip
of the iceberg of assets & information needed in order to become
an "official" provider and attract an appreciable number of users
to become profitable.

In this context it is interesting to observe that while the number of imode
subscribers is rising steadily, the number of service providers is increasing
at a much flatter rate - actually not increasing much at all. This means that
content providers seem to be steadily dropping off the official menu, although
not much is talked about this fact. It's like the delisting of companies from
NASDAQ. IPOs are usually celebrated, but companies delisting from NASDAQ
do
not make much noise about that.

Gerhard Fasol
http://www.eurotechnology.com/