(keitai-l) Re: i-motion

From: Andrea Hoffmann <ah_at_anima.de>
Date: 07/10/01
Marc,

the subject line (i-motion) is the name of a new image clipping service that
is supposed to be launched on FOMA in October this year.

Right now, you already have the following multimedia applications on FOMA

- m-stage visual (streaming video and audio with many content channels based
on MPEG-4)

- videophone: see the person you talk to in real time (only on the video
handset)

- take and send pictures and videos via email (only the video handset, wich
allows you to take pics and videos with the attached camera and send the
files via email)

More is supposed to come with the commercial launch (i-motion, m-stage
music...)

http://foma.nttdocomo.co.jp/english/index.html

> Our company is planning MM here in Europe,

I would be interested to hear which compression and streaming format(s) you
are considering for (energy and bandwidth constrained) wireless devices
and/or which formats do you know about that are especially suitable for
wireless devices.

Thanks in advance,
Andrea Hoffmann