(keitai-l) Re: iappli download for emulator without docomo email address

From: Jason Pollard <jasonpollard_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 07/13/01
I was thinking of decompiling the hanpake iappli to see if it connects to one
of their servers or not.  However, I couldn't download the i-appli from my web
browser, or even get the imode formatted page (Though I could get it using the
Packetto Meta service @ http://www.k-jp.net/pm/).  Hmm... must be some browser
checking going on.

Being a persistent bugger, I decided I'm going to try to write a little PC app
that can grab the jar files & cHTML content from unofficial sites.  First step
is to try to fool the servers that I'm using a imode device.  So, if anybody
there in jp-land has an imode phone and a couple spare minutes, please type in
this URL:  http://64.173.206.138  (You won't see anything, I'm just grabbing
the headers that the phone/browser sends to the server)

Thanks in advance,

Jason

BTW, if you know of a program that can do this already, please enlighten me!
Also, where is that i-appli downloader linked at on the gigahz site?  I didn't
see it there...