(keitai-l) i-appli communication restrictions

From: rolf van widenfelt <rolf_at_pizzicato.com>
Date: 07/14/01
picking up on something that Henry said, here's a question about the
restrictions placed
on i-appli.

DoCoMo says that an i-appli can only communicate with the server from which it
was downloaded, right down to the port number and all.
does that mean that an i-appli that communicates via HTTPS must be downloaded
from an HTTPS server?  (i assume so)
but less clear to me is whether subdomains are considered different hostnames.
so if, for example, you download an i-appli from www.yahoo.com,
can that i-appli access finance.yahoo.com?

does anyone know how restrictive this really is?

thanks!

-rolf

for reference, DoCoMo's i-appli FAQ says: