(keitai-l) Re: i-motion Mpeg3

From: Jamie Finn <Jamie.Finn_at_helloNetwork.com>
Date: 07/18/01
"Hantro's video solution can be configured to use slow processor cycles
without compromising the quality and frame rate of the video image. "

This is a oxymoron, it is easy to talk about streaming to wireless products
and about how great your codec is but it is another thing entirely to
actually do it. Also note that MPEG4 is more than just a CODEC with huge
royalties attached to it.

I suggest that we all keep a open mind to streaming media for mobile since
the market is huge and there are great applications for different
technologies. Java, MPEG4 etc.

There has been enough hype, I personally am tired of websites and marketing
materials that promise the world and then deliver nothing.

Jamie