(keitai-l) Re: How is the PHS market in Japan now?

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 07/20/01
> > How is the PHS market in Japan now? Still survive?
> PHS market????
> Actually a lot many people use PHS even today.
> Its got its own advantages.

There are 5,774,200 PHS subscriptions in Japan as of 30 June 2001,
a decrease of 0.3% compared to 31 May 2001, i.e. it's pretty
stable.

About half of these subscribers also use IP data services via PHS.
DoCoMo's M-stage movie services and other data services also run
via PHS.

Pretty healthy for now I would say. There are more PHS subscribers
in Japan, than there are mobile phone users in several of the smaller
countries in the world.

You can find more information here:
http://www.eurotechnology.com/imode/

Best wishes,