(keitai-l) Re: Japanese Toy Phones

From: Jeudy, Olivier [AUDT] <olivier.jeudy_at_nssmb.com>
Date: 07/27/01
*	only a few (also about 3 but out of 40) have succeeded
*	in breaking their Japanese cell phones and usually
*	it takes a year or two, not a month or two
it took me 2.5 seconds as the cell plunged into the toilets of a sleazy
Roppongi bar last November.
My previous keitai got inadvertently immersed in a water pond for less than
a second. The screen then poignantly blinked twice before the phone turned
itself off for good. Also, 2 of my friends broke their keitais as it entered
in contact (slightly) with water.

If you remove the battery off a Japanese cellphone, you can actually see a
little red and white indicator. It turns red when entering in contact with
water. Cellphone shops will not replace broken keitais if the indicator
turned red.