(keitai-l) Re: old keitai

From: Graham Brown <gbrown_at_wirelessworldforum.com>
Date: 07/31/01
WAP vs Imode, as a discussion, is something that needs to be buried. Not
only is it unproductive
but it's misguided. Here's why -

* WAP is a protocol standard. Imode is a branded service. They are not
comparable. People often mistake
WAP to be a service, but no one operator outside of Japan has marketed it as
a branded service (yet).

* Imode's success is only in part due to technology. DoCoMo had much more in
it's
arsenal than a good markup language. Check out this article here for more
insight as to DoCoMo's success
http://www.wirelessworldforum.com/vision_newsreview_002.html

* Discussion is more subjective than objective. It's akin to NT vs Unix or
Mac vs Wintel etc. At the end of
the day people (users) don't give a hoot about the technology, they want a
compelling service (hence the
triumph of Windows over Mac , AC over DC and VHS over BETAMAX).

Graham

VISION - wireless competitive intelligence newsletter
http://www.wirelessworldforum.com/subscribe.html
WIRELESS FAQ -
http://www.wirelessworldforum.com/cgi-bin/faqmanager.cgi