(keitai-l) Re: regarding imode speeds.

From: Zev Blut <zev_at_atc.yamatake.co.jp>
Date: 08/03/01
Hello,

That is a tough one. There is not really much you can do about the network
speed.

The fastest solution is if the image is static then bundle it with your
i-appli, of course
you do not have much space to work with.

If you do not need the image right away you could load it in the background
with a seperate thread handling the network communication.  This way the
user can do otherthings while the image is loading.

If you need to make other network connections while loading, then load parts
of the image as a byte stream and save it to the scratchpad.  Make your
other network connection.  Next load some more of the image into the
scratchpad (appending unto the previous write).  Repeat until you have all
the bytes of the image and then load the image from the scratchpad via the
MediaManager.

A simpler solution is to reduce the size/quality of the image so that you do
not have as many bytes to load.

Sometimes the amount of people on the network can slow your connection down
too, especially around midnight.

Good luck,
Zev