(keitai-l) Re: i-mode spam explosion

From: Jan Chipchase <jan_at_gomagoma.com>
Date: 08/07/01
> RE i-mode spam, something happened last month and I suddenly started getting several each day to my i-mode email address, beginning about 3 weeks ago.  Anybody else (who never registers with their i-mode email address anywhere) noticed this kind of development?

I also had a big increase in spam to my i-mode address, over the last couple of months. It went from 4-5 a day to 12-15 a day. I was using the default phonenumber@docomo.ne.jp, which I finally changed yesterday.

So far my new address has been spam-silent. Actually it has been silent, but that's another matter.

I wonder if anyone on the list has researched what activities are most likely to result in keitai spam? CNet has an interesting article which starts to answer this question for email and the web:
http://cnet.com/software/0-3227888-8-6602372-1.html

I'm not a heavy keitai surfer. A considerable part of my mobile internet experience in Japan has been that it increases the places I can be assaulted by junk mail.

Jan

--
Jan Chipchase, GomaGoma Associate