(keitai-l) Real-time Party/Club Information Application

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 08/07/01
So a friend and I were chatting the other day about our difficulty in
making decisions about where to go on a particular Saturday night. There's
a choice of parties and bars, but some have "off" evenings where few
people show up, or not such a great crowd shows up, or whatever. He
suggested that we needed webcams in our favourite dozen-or-two joints
so that if someplace wasn't so hot, we could see if there was currently
a better place to move to.

This seems to me it would be an ideal i-mode application. While webcams
are not practical, being able to get reports on the current state of the
crowd at various places would be very cool. Getting data for input is
an interesting problem, but perhaps the users themselves could report,
with some sort of bonus offered (a chance for a free drink?) to encourage
people to report in. There are various sorts of peer-reviwing systems
already in use on the Internet that could help keep the quality of
data high.

Anybody have any interesting thoughts on this idea? Anybody want to
steal it? :-)

cjs
--
Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>  +81 3 5778 0123   de gustibus, aut bene aut nihil
	    "The chain which can be yanked is not the eternal chain."