(keitai-l) Re: Free voice calls - really?!?

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 08/08/01
michael@haa.com.tw wrote:

> any reason that operators in other countries can't simply copy the business
> model of mobile data service from DoCoMo??

Michael,

yes there are many reasons. Some are technical, some are commercial,
some are psychological etc. Some of it - but not all of it - is the
transition away from the obsolete telecoms thinking/business-models,
where DoCoMo is far in advance compared to other telecoms. What
DoCoMo is doing is to create something really new - not just putting
pay-by-the-second dial-up text-WAP onto dial-up voice.

Some of it you'll find explained in our imode-faq:
http://www.eurotechnology.com/imode/faq.html

You could also ask: why did not Nissan copy the business model from
Honda or Toyota, to get themselves onto a winning track?

Nissan seems to be on the way to a winning track - but they don't do
that by copying Honda and Toyota.

Gerhard Fasol
http://www.eurotechnology.com/