(keitai-l) [OT] Re: Re: What does everyone like (was Killer Apps)

From: Paul Bryan Lester <pbl1_at_livedoor.com>
Date: 08/10/01
Michael Kleinert wrote:

> >BTW and completely OT - the only single thing that I know that crosses
> >the boundaries of culture, religion, socio-economic factors, race,
> >politics, gender, age blah b;ah blah is....  fireworks, the fabulous
> >hanabi that are everywhere in summer in Japan - everybody loves fireworks
> >no matter who they are.  Is there anything else that anyone can think of?
>
> McDonald's ? ;-)
>
> or
>
> Coca-Cola ?

    What about love, kindness, caring, etc.  How many children have
you seen cry when  they see fireworks for the first time.  I've seen
quite a few in my time.  There were probably a lot more shortly after
WW II with all those bombings.  I mean hanabi sounds like a war
and looks like it too.

    And in the US (of all places) dieters hate Coca-cola and McDonalds.
Other groups who cannot eat fried hamburgers (Hindus, Jews, Moslems etc)
probably do not think too highly of McDonalds either.

    Come on think a little more globally please.  None of this false
propaganda garbage.

--
-Paul Lester
pbl1@cornell.edu

"Don't Forget to Try in Mind"
      "May the Force be with you"
              "Ketchup is Good"
-"Ketchup, natto and kimchee, that`s what Wogis are made of"