(keitai-l) Re: text in the city

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 08/10/01
On Thu, 9 Aug 2001, John Whelan wrote:

> Not sure how it works but I guess the audience send texts that are
> automatically displayed on the mega handset. Your correspondent will attend
> the show next month and revert.

My first thought when I looked at the page was, "that's not mega-screen!"
That's what comes of living in Shibuya, I suppose. Right across from
the station there's a giant video screen (well, there are three, really,
but this is the really large Q-Front one) which occasionally has a love
message feature. It appears that you use your i-mode phone to go to a web
site where you punch in a message to whomever you're currently chasing,
and no doubt somehow pay some sort of fee, and this message will be
printed in huge kana on the screen for all the Hachiko-hangers-out to see.

I look forward to your report on the show.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>  +81 3 5778 0123   de gustibus, aut bene aut nihil
	    "The chain which can be yanked is not the eternal chain."