(keitai-l) Re: NoNokia (was: What does everyone like (was: Killer Apps))

From: Graham Brown <gbrown_at_wirelessworldforum.com>
Date: 08/12/01
From: "Anders Lindh" <alindh@flyerone.com>
> I don't think Nokia should get all the blame for not
> introducing mobile Internet  in the western world.

True, Nokia has very little impact on whether or not mobile internet
acheives adoption.

The inflexion point occurs at the deceleration of the subscriber S-curve ;
when saturation
and churn increases substantially and the replacement market outgrows net
additions.

At that point, operators are forced to move from Volume-strategies (ie
inclusive MOU, pricing)
to Value (brand, lifestyle, additional services - ie Imode etc).

So wrt Nokia, they couldn't introduce it if they wanted to - it was the
doing of the operators
in Europe and the US. And as long as they were competing on the basis of
Volume, they weren't
interested in mobile Internet.

Graham