(keitai-l) Re: NoNokia (was: What does everyone like (was: Killer Apps))

From: Andrea Hoffmann <ah_at_anima.de>
Date: 08/13/01
> > What is the Mobile Internet anyway?  If you look at an average
> web site, 90%
> > of them will not work in any mobile network, not in GSM or
> i-mode, or with
>
> 	Now now, we should of course remember web != Internet ;)

and also: mobile Internet != desktop Internet. People use both the mobile
and the desktop (fixed line) Internet for different reasons, at different
times and locations and with different motivations.

It would be interesting now to analyze L-Mode as some kind of hybrid service
between both and see why and how people use L-Mode. For people on the list
who don't know L-Mode: this is a new Internet/Web Service that NTT East/West
is offering on landline (home) phones and fax machines (similar to Minitel
but much more sophisticated).

Andrea
--
Andrea Hoffmann - Associate Consultant - EGIS Japan
Mail: hoffmann_at_egis.co.jp WWW: http://egisjapan.com