(keitai-l) Re: Handset prices - Kansai vs Kanto

From: Victor Pikula <victor_at_pikula.com>
Date: 08/13/01
John wrote:
> This table is very useful. Do you have a URL for the magazine itself?

The url for the magazine is:
http://mobile.nikkeibp.co.jp/MOBILE/index.html (Japanese only)

But the article that tests various phones is only partially accessable here:
http://mobile.nikkeibp.co.jp/MOBILE/contents/0109/1-01.html
(You can only view the first test of design and size)

For an English overview of what phones are on the market currently in Japan,
see Mobile Media Japan:
http://www.mobilemediajapan.com/hardware/

> Also am I correct to assume that these prices refer to contract handsets?

Yes.

> If so is it possible to buy phones on any network without contracts?

Good question: I would think not, but maybe others on this list can tell you
in more detail.

Regards,
Victor Pikula