(keitai-l) Re: VoIP blah blah (was: Re: Siemens to market VoIP via WLAN for use with PDAs)

From: Benjamin Kowarsch <benjk_at_mac.com>
Date: 08/15/01
>I'm almost ready to buy an 802.11 card, find a VoIP gateway, install
>the appropriate software, and phone you from MOSBurger.
>
>Curt Sampson  <cjs_at_cynic.net>   917 532 4208   http://www.netbsd.org

Judging by your signature I guess you could even run your own VoIP
portal on your NetBSD box at home which connects you via a cheap
calling card service. ;-)

As your NetBSD box will know your IP address when you log in at
MOSBurger you could even route incoming calls at your house to
yourself at MOSBurger. ;-)

An average Unix power user could probably do this DIY. The fact that
this isn't so difficult to do, alone indicates to me that sooner or
later some folks will want to exploit it and some of those folks
might just have the right business model to make it work commercially
too.

regards
benjamin