(keitai-l) Re: Some iAppli questions

From: Paul Lester <paul_lester_at_lincmedia.co.jp>
Date: 08/17/01
   I am almost positive a 10 minute piece could be much smaller
than 10k, I'd go as far to say it could be less than 1k.
And I have clear ideas how volume can be controlled,
in a hacky but effective way for this application.
Don't get everyone down because the i-appli API doesn't
support it.

    Think out of the box.

Sorry for being a bit abrupt.  I make mistakes on keitai-L too,
I know where you're coming from.

    But don't worry I have no plans to write an i-appli alarm.

    Also I'm not giving away the answer on how.  That would involve
divulging too much about MFi.

    The phone part could be done also in a very round about way by
somehow getting a server to dial a number.  Then just have the i-appli
use networking to call a servlet to tell the server to dial a number.
But I have no idea how to tell a server to dial a number.  That's a problem
for you guys and gals to tackle.

David Cotter wrote:

> From: keitai-l-bounce@appelsiini.net
> [mailto:keitai-l-bounce@appelsiini.net]On Behalf Of Michael Turner
>
> >   2. when the timer expires as much as six hours later, play music of
> > steadily increasing volume (over a period of perhaps as long as 10
> minutes)
> > starting from almost inaudible and going up to a pre-set volume level.
> > Alternatively: drop the volume steadily if not interrupted by a
> button-press
> > after a few minutes, and start another time-out sequence.)
>
> I'm not sure if this is possible either? I don't think you can control the
> volume from the iAppli in the case where you loop the musical piece. If the
> piece is long maybe it could have the different loudness in it but I'm sure
> a 10 minute piece would be greater than 10K.
>
> David
> www.alatto.com

*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=
Paul Bryan Lester
Layer-8 Technologies Inc
LincMEDIA Group
QA ENGINEER/Programmer etc etc