(keitai-l) Content Specifications

From: Suzanne Whitby <s.whitby_at_opengroup.org>
Date: 08/20/01
Dear All,

Please forgive me for asking what is perhaps a foolish question, however as
someone who is just beginning to investigate i-Mode, one has to stat
somewhere:-)

I am trying to track down a set of Content Specs for i-Mode - what I am
seeing from the list is that XHTML Basic and/ or cHTML would fall into this
category.

Basically, I am trying to find specs that are comparative to the WAP UI
Specs (i.e. WML, WMLs, WAE, WCSS etc.) so that I can understand the
differences.

Is there a list of this type of specification for i-Mode devices?  Is there
an industry standard like there is with WAP?  Comments like this make me
wonder whether each device manufacture has their own set of content specs:

<quote>
J-Phone's MML is specifically designed to be compatible with I-Mode
contents, but it supports PNG only, whereas I-Mode only supports GIFs. EZ
contents are HDML, totally incompatible with the other 2.
</quote>  06/08/00

I have checked the archives but the Java specs are what seem to come up
consistently, and this is not what I am looking for - unless of course I am
searching for the wrong things...

I would be grateful for any assistance.

Kind regards,

Suzannne Whitby

Suzanne Whitby
The Open Group, Apex Plaza, Forbury Road, Reading, RG1 1AX, United Kingdom
Tel: +44 (0) 118 950 8311 x 2271
Email: s.whitby@opengroup.org
WWW:  www.opengroup.org