(keitai-l) Re: Keitai components

From: Paul Lester <paul_lester_at_lincmedia.co.jp>
Date: 08/21/01
I know 3 possibilities, all very slim though:

I would like to hear if anyone knows any more possibilities.

1.  Back 2 years ago, I managed to find a shop in Akihabara that did it.

    But you had to rematch up the keitai and its battery.  But I haven't
been able to find any other shops  selling used keitais again.  It was mighty useful
at the time.  It stopped doing it only a few weeks after I found it.  I bought
a HD-60P for 350 Yen.

    Perhaps there might be another back alley shop somewhere in Akihabara
that still does it.

2.     Instead of a shop ask around your office.  Sometimes people
don't want their old keitais.  I'm sorry I can't be more helpful, I would
love to have a used keitai shop somewhere also.  I got 1 (TH381) that way also
about 2 years ago.

3.    A third possibility is the subway lines or Disney Land.  People lose keitais
there all the time and their lost and founds must be overflowing with keitais.
I haven't tried that one yet.  I say this because the conductor on the
Star Tours attraction mentioned that on a usual day up to 7 keitais are found
by the staff forgotten on various rides and such.  (he could have been lying,
though, he had that big fake smile on his face when he said it).

--
    If anyone's still reading, I had a keitai dissected by the downstairs neighbours
, an ER-207 (too bad) because after putting it back together it still charges but

---
If anyone still reads this far down, I've tried and tried to find out who
makes what innards of what keitais and I came up with 0 information
myself.  I would love to know more.

Manish Prabhune wrote:

> Does anybody know of a place in Tokyo where you could get these
> kind of swapped phones?
>
> Regards
> Manish
> www.imodeindia.com

*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=
Paul Bryan Lester
Layer-8 Technologies Inc
LincMEDIA Group
QA ENGINEER/Programmer etc etc