(keitai-l) Re: Jphone header

From: Jay <wirelessjava_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 08/22/01
 Ask that Guy from Nooper to paste all the header files for the different phone.   I would be curious to see what is in the header for each Phone .
Come on Nooper  guy ... Lets see if you really know your stuff

---Jay
Java Architect
Consultant
Brew Developer
and all around a good guy
  Nick May <nick@kyushu.com> wrote: I am trying to get a handle on how much I can rely on header sniffing with
jphones and whether those that do not identify themselves are worth
bothering making arrangements for. (I recollect early ones did not send
anything...)

so - question: What percent (roughly - ballpark is fine) of jphones
handsets in use do not send headers identifying them as jphone?

Were the capabilities of jphones that did not send headers sufficient to
make them worth bothering with (- i.e. - what size page could they view,
could they handle server side redirects, etc)?

It is educated guesses I need, rather than hard figures....

thanks

nick