(keitai-l) DoCoMo to sell network technology to Europe?

From: Mika Tuupola <tuupola_at_appelsiini.net>
Date: 08/26/01

	I recently heard that DoCoMo had been reached an agreement
	with three European carriers not only to start serving i-mode
	style services but also to license them DoCoMo's high-speed
	data transmission technology.

	Now, I'm not exactly sure what this means. One could speculate
	that since the launch of i-mode in europe was delayed due
	technical difficulties (i-mode wouldn't fit into existing network
	technology), the difficulties are now being olved by bringing in
	DoCoMo's own network technology.

	DoCoMo world domination anyone? ;)

	The carriers involved are KPN Orange (Belgium), E-Plus (Germany)
	and KPN Mobile (Netherlands).

	Anyone have any better information on this?

--
Mika Tuupola                      http://www.appelsiini.net/~tuupola/