(keitai-l) Re: Talk to your PDA

From: David Cotter <david.cotter_at_alatto.com>
Date: 08/29/01
> Handspring offers now the Visor phone for free:
> http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1006-200-6993619.html
> but it looks kinda funny to use a palm on your ear.

I was on the beta for the Handspring GSM Visor phone in Europe. We had a
full colour HTML web browser. There is a portal with HTML sites optimized
for the Handspring but it rendered normal HTML sites really well and the
connection speed was more than acceptable. Because it was a beta we didn't
have to pay for calls and found it excellent. If I had to pay to be dialled
in that would be a different story and shows the dire need for packet-based
charging in Europe. It also shows that WML is completely unnecessary.

David
www.alatto.com