(keitai-l) i-appli plans for FOMA and 504i series

From: Zev Blut <zev_at_atc.yamatake.co.jp>
Date: 10/01/01
Hello everybody,
Here is what I have gleemed, from various news sources and a conference,
about the newest (FOMA) and
future i-mode Java handsets.  If you know more please comment.

It seems like the N2001is just like the current handsets and thus only
supports 10kb applis, plus
it has a 10kb scratchpad.

The P2101video phone supports 30kb applis, but I have no idea what the
scratchpad size is.
10kb or maybe even 20kb?

The 504i series due out in the Spring are supposedly going to support 30kb
i-applis and if I understood Natsuno-san's comments at the Mobidec
conference last month then 20kb scratchpad.

I wonder if they are going to add more functions to the API?

Zev