(keitai-l) Re: I just saw the strangest TV ad

From: Justin <justin_at_fka.att.ne.jp>
Date: 10/02/01
> How would Bluetooth meet this need??? Loosely put, you are comparing a
> personal area network (Bluetooth) with a WAN (PHS)....

I know.
I was under the impression that Bluetooth had sufficient range to enable,
say, a Granny's fridge, kettle, microwave etc. to communicate with each
other, at least within the confines of a Japanese kitchen.
One of these appliances - probably the fridge - would be wired to the
good old fashioned Internet, and would thus be able to inform concerned
siblings or careworkers if Granny failed to make herself a pot of tea,
or drink her morning Yakult.
I don't really see the advantage inherent in the PHS kettle being able
to do this direct.

--
Justin <justin@fka.att.ne.jp>