(keitai-l) Re: I just saw the strangest TV ad

From: John Whelan <john.whelan_at_alatto.com>
Date: 10/02/01
The TETRA standard may be suitable for this type of application. This is a
mobile data/voice standard originally developed by the military but now
widely used in Europe by emergency services, police etc.. We are working on
a TETRA application for paramedic services in the UK. As a standard, TETRA
should be regarded as complementary to GSM and DECT. In comparison with GSM
as currently implemented, TETRA provides faster call set-up, higher data
rates, group calls and direct mode.

John

www.alatto.com