(keitai-l) Re: Knock! Knock! P2101V users!

From: Michael Turner <leap_at_gol.com>
Date: 10/08/01
> > On Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 04:50:06PM +0900, Gerhard Fasol wrote:
> >>
> >> it must be a reference to the former mayor of Osaka
> >> Knock Yokoyama.

Good one.  He, after all, could credibly tick all three sex boxes
you might have on your user-reg webform:  "male", "female" and
"wanna have."  (Or was that some other Japanese politician?  Or
four of them?)

> > Not! It simply implies someone knocking on the "glass" window
> > or your video phone as they call you by surprise. Just like
> > about 5 minutes ago :)

I was hoping for some kind of virtual-genkan metaphor,
but whatever....shouldn't these phones have one of those
check-out-the-visitor fisheye-lens peepholes, like you find
on some doors?

> Actually Tom looked at me and suddenly I saw the light bulb
> on top of his head...he became the idea because my last name
> is "Specht" which translates into "Woodpecker" and guess
> what sound a woodpecker does all the time? Knock! Knock!

Well, then -- let's get the sex distinctions out of the way so
that we can go beyond the knock-knock jokes and get to the
question burning in everyone's mind:

"How many P2101V users does it take to screw in a lightbulb?"

(Wake me when you've all voted for the winning answer.)

-michael turner
leap@gol.com