(keitai-l) Re: Http POST for I-mode Devices

From: Zev Blut <zev_at_atc.yamatake.co.jp>
Date: 10/11/01
Hello ,

--- Curt said:

> Actually, I found that just doing a more generic
>
>     con.setDoOutput(true);
>
> has automatically made it into a POST request at least the Sun VM. Still
> I suppose the setRequestMethod can't hurt. But at least according to the
> spec, you really, really want to do the setDoOutput to set the output
> property to true, because the default is false.

That is correct if we are writing code for the J2SE or J2EE platforms, but
there is no
setDoOutput or setDoInput method in J2ME's CLDC API.  Therefore, it would
not
work with a DoJa or MIDP keitai.
Although, I do wonder why when we call the Connector to open a connection
with
the parameters READ_WRITE, that to POST with DoJa we have to also set the
RequestMethod to POST.  It kind of seems redundant, but you have to do it.

Cheers,
Zev