(keitai-l) Re: Nokia 5510

From: Petri Ojala <ojala_at_iki.fi>
Date: 10/11/01
> I don't think it is reasonable to describe a blue LCD to be "must have". It
> is still monochorome and unless you want Nokia et al. handsets to be
> confined to a minority, film noir, arthouse, Eurotrash kitsch museum,
> consumers MUST get colour screens in Europe soon. please ... pretty please

"Must have" compared to the ordinary green monochrome or grayscale displays,
of course.  My personal "must have" category is only about basic, very
primitive issues, that any possible mobile phone must have regardless of the
technology or software features.  Perhaps I should say "no green monochrome
LCD display"..

Also as I said, there can be good and bad color screens and I'd prefer blue
monochrome LCD over bad color LCD.  Just take a look at Game Boy Advanced.

I don't see color display adequate enough, one should also get bigger
display in both size and resolution to take advantage of the colors.

Petri