(keitai-l) Re: Peter and Paul and Roaming

From: Marc Printz <Marc.Printz_at_724.com>
Date: 10/13/01
> From: Benjamin Kowarsch [mailto:benjk@mac.com]
> If you suggest that a consumer roaming service in Europe would have
> different tariffs depending on where tourists originate from,
> I tend to
> believe that this is rather unlikely.
>
> This would be similar to a public phone box that would ask
> for 10 cents
> if the user is recognised as European (transcontinental user) and 20
> cents if the user is Australian/American/Asian/African
> (intercontinental
> user).

I think it is very likely. Why for example do British universities charge
Japanese students more than twice the yearly fee compared to the fee for
European students? There's no EU law preventing this afaik.

And while a public phone would have a hard time finding out where someone's
from, the HLR does provide that information.