(keitai-l) Re: Packet Video, Emblaze Wireless, and other Steaming companies

From: Jay <wirelessjava_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 10/18/01
My intention is not to attack anyone/company personally.    Since you are in this specialized industry.  I assumed that you would know more about Streaming media than me.    As I stated in the list that I am no expert in streaming and I was trying to get a dialog from everyone.    I encourage people to evaluate these companies and give some feedback
I am into getting at the strenghths and weaknesses of a company/product.    I am a consultant and I evaluate alot of products for clients.   I wanted to get a good dialog of products and implementations that are comming out of this industry.
LG Thompson is the company that controls all of the subsidiaries LG Electronics and LG Telecom.  They are arms of the giant LG Thompson.    Again, Jamie if you thought it was an attack then I apologize.
-----Jay
  Jamie Finn <Jamie.finn@hellonetwork.com> wrote: You should note that we do have a hardware partner, aJile, but we do not
believe that focusing on a specific device from a specific manufacturer
is the future. You should know this from reading this list, that as the
carriers are now dictating their standards to the manufacturers, the
manufacturers become less important and the only thing that really
matters is your tie in to the carrier.

Again you are correct to assume that we are not working to produce
handsets or to have anything embedded, this is one of our greatest
strengths. A non-embedded device independent solution that works.

Finally as for a business model we are very simple, license software,
amazing huh. All of the products are heavily detailed and documented on
our website, you can also try out some of the software from
http://developer.hellonetwork.com .

Perhaps you should research a bit more instead of asking you time
attacking me...since I was only answering your request for other
streaming media companies. You seem like a smart guy, so for future
reference, attacking people's credibility will not get you too far in
this life, you are better off focusing on the matter at hand.

Finally, Vegas is where R&D is and we have been here for over 5 years,
maybe you should also check out our www.hellonetwork.co.jp , as that is
our Japanese joint venture with Maruebeni.

Best regards,

Jamie

ps. LG electronics is the hardware manufacturer not LG telecom. Also
check you stats on Emblaze, as they are actually selling big black box,
and do an excellent job of it.