(keitai-l) Re: iMode on GIF

From: Jim Munro <jmunro_at_teralogic.tv>
Date: 10/19/01
GIF can do graphics and photographs very well. It can even do animation.
JPEG gets better compression on photographs but it is much more complex and
with 8-bit paletted screens it is even more complex. However, it seems clear
that photographs and better compression is in demand, so JPEG will probably
get some hardware assist in the future (if not already).

-jim munro