(keitai-l) Re: Format on iMode

From: Ben Hutchings <ben.hutchings_at_roundpoint.com>
Date: 11/10/01
On Wed, Nov 07, 2001 at 11:06:59AM +0900, Christian Molstrom wrote:
> Ben Hutchings wrote:
> > On Sat, Nov 03, 2001 at 11:02:13AM +0900, Christian Molstrom wrote:
> > >
> > > Can anyone tell me what x-type compression the iMode browser 1.0
> > > supports.
> > > I am refering to the the HTTP header, compresion: x-gzip.
> >
> > Surely you mean Transfer-Encoding.
>
> I mean the Content-encoding in the HTTP response header.  Will imode
> browsers recognize these headers and decompress accordingly?

The Content-Encoding field is used to indicate compression or other
encoding that should *not* be automatically undone (unlike Transfer-
Encoding).  So the answer is no.

<snip>
> > I do not speak for Roundpoint; any opinions I express are my own.
>
> What is Roundpoint?

The company I work for.  We provide software tools for making web
sites available on PDAs, phones and interactive TV.

--
I do not speak for Roundpoint; any opinions I express are my own.