(keitai-l) Re: Saturation reached? Keitai shops close...

From: Eric Hildum <Eric_Hildum_at_itochu.net>
Date: 11/12/01
If you choose a low enough data rate, you could probably (but not
necessarily) get it to word with an acoustic connection. The problem is
usually the design of the compression algorithm used in the system. I have
used systems that so highly compressed the voice channel than even DTMF
tones for voice mailboxes could not make it, let alone fax or modem signals
(voice quality was entirely acceptable on that system).

--
Eric Hildum