(keitai-l) Re: One big family?

From: Gustaf Rosell <gustaf_at_xpedio.com>
Date: 11/13/01
At 10:29 2001-11-13, you wrote:
>I'm sure everyone has seen this, but what the hell is going on?
>
>http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/011112/hsm038_1.html
>
>Does this mean the end of Openwave and M-services?

Well, it clearly seems to be a bit of a hit back towards OpenWave.

Essentially it is not saying anything except using standards that all these
already had agreed upon, so there must be some kind of hidden agenda.
Probably combined with a scared me-too attitude from many of the players.

>What about i-mode in Europe? What
>exactly did KPN paid DoCoMo licensing fees for anyways?

The http based email protocol? The brand? Early access to at least 100 000
nice phones (the NEC)? The business model wouldn't be that easy to license.

/g