(keitai-l) Re: Screen size comparison chart?

From: David Davies <david_at_intadev.com>
Date: 11/16/01
Hi,

We have this code as part of mIntaDev which we be releasing (on the week
of the 26th assuming the developers get their act together - no
promises.) as Open Source, (modified IBM Public License)

It contains a Java Servlet which handles the browser detect
functionality and feeds off a compressed data file with the handset
capabilities of a wide range of phones and PDAs including DoCoMo, Jphone
Au Tuka Palm PocketPC etc etc.
The key feature is not to parse a array each time as on a high demand
site this creates a lot of server load.

The database is not complete but the best we know exists,  I hope by
making it OS will allow it to remain the most up to date.

We have an ActiveX for ASP also but it requires more work before we
release it, the main hold up is that we want the two to remain
compatible and we loose control after we release it.

They both provide a variety of interfaces to return the results you
require, such as screen width, height, colors etc.

It works with another servlet that chooses a best fit image to match the
handset or PDA.

Regards,
David Davies
http://www.intadev.com

P.S. A surprising number of people replied after I offered this last
time and as a result I have not replayed to all yet, apologies.

I passed all e-mail addresses on to the developers and they will send
you the JSP code as soon as they're happy,
The Php version which many people asked about will be a somewhat further
off as our clients mostly use JSP or ASP and for financial reasons these
get priority.