(keitai-l) Re: And dat's da twoof (was Re: The truth about mobile data)

From: Daniel Helmer <daniel_helmer_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 11/20/01
>Why don't we get back to what HE had to say, and
>proceed to energetically ignore Tim?

Thanks Michael for bringing the discussion back on track.

Although your '*im*mobile commerce' vision is rather appealing, and is
almost certain to take-off in the couch potato market segment, I'm not sure
I'd bet my business on the revenue streams you'd get from that.

Jeff Funk's earlier posting on content & subscriber revenues is very
interesting as it highlights how this market has evolved and created so many
revenue streams other than plain subscriber and transaction fees. My
interpretation of it though is that sales terminating on the handset (my
interpretation of m-commerce) remains tiny compared with the broader 'mobile
influenced commerce'. I'm sure Jeff will correct me if I'm wrong (and then I
may actually go and buy your book ;-)).

Cheers,

Daniel Helmer