(keitai-l) Re: imode emulator

From: Juergen Specht <js_at_nooper.com>
Date: 11/21/01
> Can anyone, recommend a decent imode emulator?

NooperLabs:

http://nooper.co.jp/labs/

:)

Haha, just kidding!

Basically i-mode emulators are all awful, because they
give you a wrong sense of how it looks like (and more
worse a totally wrong sense of [speed/user interaction]
behavior!).

So how do I work? Basically I use a standard browser and a
90pixel wide image on top of my first draft of a new page.
Than I resize the browser window until the image fits
horizontally and the text breaks as much as possible.

This is my environment until all functionality is there,
than I test it on real handsets and add the cool features
like Emoji and Accesskeys and special effects like different
rendering per handset sniffing option.

This tip works fine if you have already a feeling
for i-mode sites, but is maybe surprising simple
the first time.

The final touch is made by our professional
obatarian ^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H beta testers, who
complain about the look, feel and functionality and their
feedback finishes the final site.

But a good (online) emulator is Kyle's iMimic, but I forgot the
complete URL. Search here:
http://www.X-9.com

Juergen
--
Juergen Specht CTO, Nooper.com - Mobile Services Inc. Tokyo, Japan
i-mode/FOMA consulting, development, testing: http://nooper.co.jp/