(keitai-l) Re: ERP on i-mode phones?

From: Michael Turner <leap_at_gol.com>
Date: 11/22/01
From: "Funk" <funk@rieb.kobe-u.ac.jp> [Note how careful I am with
attribution?]

> does anybody have any great insights into this? Is ERP software on mobile
> phones really possible or is it too technically complex for phones.
> excluding the small size of the screens and processin limitations, what
are
> the main things holding back the diffusion of this application?

Well, if you're at your desk, you have your desktop computer.
If you're out in the field, your phone is most useful as a phone--
why thumbtype queries when you can just call someone back
at the ranch for the answer?

There is, however, a burgeoning subfield of ERP using mobile
phones.  It's called mobile vendor relationship management (mVRM).

For a too-bitter-by-half treatment of the subject:

 http://www.remarque.org/~turner/mvrm.html

What can I say?  I was having a bad day, or maybe
it was that time of month.  Or maybe I'm a consultant.
(Probably all three.)

-michael turner
leap@gol.com