(keitai-l) Re: i-mode scripting

From: Nick May <nick_at_kyushu.com>
Date: 11/22/01
keitai-l@appelsiini.net writes:
>Hello,
>    Can anybody tell me when using scripts, eg a sniffer script, what
>language is it written in?

it is just a peek at the environment variable $HTTP_USER_AGENT on the
server. It will contain info about the phone that is making the request.
You can  use whatever you like (php, perl, jsp, asp - whatever) to get
this info.

>s it simply embedded in the cHTML?

no - it is server side. There are no scripting capabilities client side.

Simply get the phone type from $HTTP_USER_AGENT and look up that phone
using something like Mika's Imode_User_Agent script (which I have sent you
a copy of). Then you have most things you need to know to pass to your
line break function.

Nick