(keitai-l) Bashing rejoinder

From: James Governor <jgovernor_at_illuminata.com>
Date: 11/22/01
I don't have time to go searching the archive in search of evidence.

One example (not the best, but one i remember) of the kind of sloppy
thinking I refer too-the discussion where it was argued that Japanese
teens were somehow unique in their use of compound words, which made
keitai mail particularly attractive to them.

SMS useage, I believe, puts paid to such parochialism.

No offence taken at anything in your answer Nick May. I very much
appreciated the spirit in which you read and answered my posting.

I would say however, that we are all still learning. NTT DoCoMo, for
example, [i hope!] recently learned not to make cash investments in
foreign telcos with vastly inflated share prices in order to increase
its influence. (A lesson they could have learned by looking at British
Telecom!)

And the keitai-l conversation is evolving isn't it? "The Business Model"
may be set in stone, but the business models certainly aren't. There is
much to learn. If there weren't, Vodafone and Sprint would be offering
imode like services today.