(keitai-l) Re: Whats wrong with J-Phone mail?

From: Gary James <gary.james_at_lincmedia.co.jp>
Date: 11/26/01
> maybe somebody else saw also a big flaw in mails delivered
> to J-Phone handsets? It started to get flaky about 2 weeks
> ago and is unreliable until today. Some mails get through
> immediately and some need up to 5 (!) days to get delivered.

I have a J-Phone and I agree that recently it's been terrible.  Messages
usually arrive 1-3 days after they are sent.  Also about 30% of messages
didn't actually get though at all with an error message going to the
sender.

A few weeks ago I went to a J-Phone shop and they just said there is
nothing wrong with their network and the problem is probably with the
PC.  More recently I stumbled across an apology message (don't have any
URL's unfortunately) from J-Phone saying the e-mail problem (I guess
it's the same one) is caused by all the spammers overloading their
network.  Sounds plausible but DoCoMo seem to be handling it ok.

--
Gary James
Project Leader (Theta Team)