(keitai-l) Re: Whats wrong with J-Phone mail?

From: Ian Morrison <ian_at_synapsx.com>
Date: 11/26/01
I may be wrong but it is my understanding is that J--Phone et al uses
similar hardware (supplied by the same vendors, such as Logica) to the
SMSC's that the GSM world uses, to pass mobile email around their networks.
Exchanging SMS within operators remains problem free but where we are
starting to see issues of late and lost delivery (store and forward becomes
store and forget) is where mail is sent across operator or from PC to phone.
Thus perhaps the bottlenecks being experienced are in the gateways that
connect internet to mobile internet.

Ian Morrison, Synapsx Pte Ltd