(keitai-l) Re: J-Phone Java specifications

From: Gary James <gary.james_at_lincmedia.co.jp>
Date: 11/28/01
> Massaki Matsuyama on the JavaHZ ML posted a link to by J-Phone giving more
> public information about their Java environment for J-Phone.
>
> http://www.dp.j-phone.com/

Good to see that J-Phone have finally started to open up.  It's a quite
different strategy than their exiting J-Phone service.  One thing I've
noticed is that they have shuffled the JSCL API around quite a lot.
That means absolutely no backwards compatibility.  Very strange!

I'm very interested in their "content aggregator" approach.  I hope
it'll be much easier than the current system to get applications onto
the market.

--
Gary James
Project Leader (Theta Team)